Your Long Term Solution to Missing Teeth
Did you know that dental implants are becoming the most popular treatment option for replacing missing teeth? Statistics show that 69 percent of adults ages 35 to 44 have lost at least one
permanent tooth to an accident, gum disease, a failed root canal or tooth decay. Furthermore, by age 74, 26 percent of adults have lost all of their permanent teeth. Options such as removable dentures or fixed bridges that rest on the gums can be uncomfortable, and affect your ability to speak and limit what you can eat.
Dr. Wells and the experienced team at South Charlotte Dentistry use state-of-the-art technology to assure your comfort and care. We’re now excited about using Hiossen’s leading-edge implant technology adding a sophisticated new dental implant system to our service offerings. This new technique allows for a more stable approach to bone drilling, faster healing time for patients and a less risky process. As one of the first to invest in the advanced Hiossen Dental Implant system here in Charlotte, Dr. Well has been trained on the system of drills that ultimately reduce the risk of infection and complications around the drilling process.
So what is a Dental Implant?
It’s simply an artificial tooth root that is implanted into your jaw. We can replace one tooth, a group of teeth, or even every tooth in your mouth. Each implant stands on its own unlike traditional bridgework, which relies on the teeth next to it for support. Because it stands on its own, an implant can actually save the teeth around it, as they don’t have to be altered to accommodate the implant. An implant is composed of titanium metal that fuses to the jawbone and can last a lifetime if cared for properly.
Who is a candidate for Dental Implants?
If you’re in good general and oral health with healthy teeth and gums, chances are Dental Implants are right for you. But every patient is different, so you’ll need to discuss what options are best for you with Dr. Wells.
Once you’ve decided to choose dental implantation as a solution to a missing tooth or teeth, we’ll start with a comprehensive examination that includes x-rays. After a consultation with you on our findings, we would typically begin by surgically placing the posts, or implants in your jaw.
When the implants have stabilized in the jaw (this can take a little time), we will then prepare an impression of the upper and lower jaws. This impression is used to make the model from which crown is created. Once the crown is made it is attached.
Benefits of Implants versus Dentures and Bridges
- Durable – If you take care of your implants and they will last forever.
- Permanent – No messy adhesive. No embarrassing slippage. Implants are comfortable and part of you. No removal necessary!
- Natural Look –. Because they are designed to fuse with your bone, implants look and feel like your own teeth. You’ll brush and floss just as you do with your own teeth, so caring for them isn’t complicated.
- Easier Eating – Denture wearers often have to avoid certain food. So do people with loose or missing teeth. But with dental implants, you have a permanent solution! You can eat your favorite foods with confidence – and no pain!
- Improved Confidence and Self-Esteem – You’ll sport a wider smile with dental implants! When you’re smiling, your confidence is high. Doesn’t hurt your social and professional life either!
Dental implants are permanent and remarkably comfortable compared to conventional dentures. This teeth replacements requires the same dental cleaning, glossing and brushing as your natural teeth.
Call us today to see if Dental Implants are for you at 704-759-0908 today!