We also offer partial dentures.
This type of denture rests on a metal or acrylic framework that attaches to your natural teeth. Sometimes crowns are placed on some of your natural teeth and serve as anchors for the denture. Partial dentures offer a removable alternative to bridges.
Complete dentures are used to replace all of your teeth whereas partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain. Both are removable.
Partial Dentures Process
- Damaged teeth are removed.
- A series of impressions are made of your jaw and remaining teeth.
- Molds, wax forms, and/or plastic patterns are made in the exact shape and position of the dentures that will be made. You will try out this model several times to ensure a good fit.
- A dental lab with cast your final denture.
- Wells will make adjustments are necessary to achieve the perfect fit.
Partial Dentures consist of replacement teeth attached to gum-colored plastic base. Dr. Wells designs the partial dentures specifically for your mouth. In order to achieve a comfortable fit and secure your partials, metal framework and clasps are used to connect your partials to your teeth. South Charlotte Dentistry can also recommend precision attachments which attach to your natural teeth.
Partial Dentures are used when one or more natural teeth remain in the upper or lower jaw. Sometimes crowns over your natural teeth are used to improve the fit of your partials. Your partials will fit snuggly into place and should make chewing a lot better. Over time, the fit may become loose and will need to be adjusted by Dr. Wells.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]