As exciting as it is to be back, there are certain protocols to follow, and we are happy to share them with you here. Though we are still offering new patient discounts and all of our general and cosmetic procedures, the most important thing is the safety of our patients and staff.
Our first step in returning to business is making sure our staff are healthy and able to care for you. All staff, upon their arrival, have their temperature taken.
Step two is making sure you are healthy, so we ask that every patient completes a quick COVID prescreening form. Our office complies with the State Health Department and CDC guidelines to prevent the COVID-19 virus.
Our staff are symptom-free and, to the best of their knowledge, have not been exposed to the virus. However, since we are a place of public accommodation, other persons (including other patients) could be infected, with or without their knowledge.
In order to reduce the risk of spreading COVID 19, we have asked you a number of “screening” questions. For the safety of our staff, other patients, and yourself, please be truthful and candid in your answers.
There are only seven questions, and they are pretty basic: “Do you have any shortness of breath”; “Within the last 14 days, have you traveled to any foreign country?” stuff like that.
A Few More Protocols
- We have temporarily closed our waiting room. Here are the steps for setting up and completing your appointment:
- Call for an appointment.
- Show up at the scheduled time and wait in the parking lot.
- Receive a call or text that we are ready for you to come in.
- Walk into the office—where the door will be held open for you—and go through the lobby and directly into the dentist’s chair. (This is a lobby-free experience.)
- The only contact is the gloved hands of the dentist with your teeth.
- Once the appointment is over, you can check out virtually, as there is no need to make a stop at the front desk on your way out.
- Patients have their temperature taken before entering the office.
- We are staggering patients to allow a minimum of thirty minutes between appointment times for each treatment room.
- We are using more barriers throughout the office and we will be periodically wiping all contact surfaces.
- Any patients who owe a copay or coinsurance will be texted a link to pay their portion, as to eliminate their need to stop up front.
- In order to eliminate any airborne particles from floating throughout the office, we will use a new piece of technology called Tekitronics.
This “Extraoral Dental Suction System Droplets and Aerosols Terminator” greatly reduces airborne droplets and spray caused by dental procedures by attracting aerosols and keeping them from attaching to people walking through the office. The H-14 Hepa Filtration System has three layers that capture and kill viruses and bacteria immediately.
How to Schedule an Appointment
Since we are open for appointments only, we have set up an easy process for scheduling a time to come in.
Simply call our office at 704-759-0908 and press option one. You will then be prompted to set up a day and time that works best for you to come in. It’s that easy. When you do come in, you can wait in your vehicle until the exact time of your appointment, in which case you will be the only patient in the office.
This may be the new normal for now, but we sure are excited to be back to work, and back to taking care of our patients again. Feel free to call and chat with someone from our office if you have any questions. We look forward to hearing and seeing everyone again soon.