South Charlotte Family & Cosmetic Dentistry provides an array of preventable measures to help ensure long-lasting, healthy teeth.
An estimated 178 million Americans are missing at least one tooth. These numbers are shocking and tragic. However, if a tooth replacement procedure is necessary, Dr. Wells and his expert team of dental professionals have plenty of options to consider.
This dental restoration procedure is common for people who need a single tooth or multiple teeth replaced. A dental implant is when a titanium post is surgically inserted into the patient’s jaw and a replacement tooth is securely attached.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Dental implants are secure and stable, as they are integrated with the patient’s jawbone.
- Dental implants hold firmly for years, sometimes decades.
- Dental implants are the most similar to natural teeth than any other option.
- Dental implants do not disturb or affect neighboring teeth.
Dental bridges are cemented to surrounding teeth to shore up and “bridge” the gaps and spaces left behind from missing teeth. A dental bridge is composed of two (or more) crowns for the surrounding teeth and a false tooth for the space in-between.
Advantages of Dental Bridges
- Dental bridges prevent the remaining teeth from shifting due to the gaps left behind from missing teeth.
- Dental bridges restore the patient’s chewing ability.
- Dental bridges restore the patient’s smile.
- Unlike dentures, fixed bridges are permanent fixtures.
This popular dental restoration process is common for patients who have partially damaged and decaying teeth. These tooth-shaped caps are cemented over the damaged tooth.
Advantages of Dental Crowns
- Dental crowns help restore the tooth’s shape and strength.
- Dental crowns relieve toothache and soreness.
- Dental crowns are custom-made for your mouth.
- Dental crowns can last for decades.
Dentures are not just for your 85-year old grandparent. Dentures are removable replacement teeth for people of all ages who are missing multiple teeth.
Advantages of Dentures
- Dentures provide help for those sagging facial muscles due to missing teeth.
- Dentures allow those with multiple missing teeth to feel confident about their smile.
- Dentures allow patients to speak and eat normally.
South Charlotte Family & Cosmetic Dentistry wants you to be a knowledgeable tooth-owner when it comes to the multiple options available for tooth replacement procedures. Please call us at 704-759-0908 for all of your dental needs.